Our mission is to promote the joy of independence while working in a family oriented environment which facilitates tamariki's sense of trust.
We thrive to provide a caring, child friendly environment which empower children to become confident, competent learners and communicators.
Guided by the Montessori Philosphy and incorporating the principles of Te Whāriki, we aim to foster the social, cultural, spiritual, intellectual and physical development of tamariki by delivering a child centred, holistic curriculum.
- To nurture happy, well-rounded children who develop a love of learning.
- An environment dedicated to creating a community of caring individuals.
- To help children to acquire social skills that brings harmony to self and others.
- Foster children’s wisdom through experiences and knowledge.
We strive to help children become self-confident and reach their full potential by:
- Embracing the bi-cultural values unique to New Zealand thus upholding the aspirations of Treaty of Waitangi
- Encouraging/Involving whanau’s contribution in meeting their aspirations for their tamariki
- Creating opportunities for children to exercise tino rangatiratanga (self-determination) through Maori learning concepts such as ako, and tuakana-teina
- Providing a rich environment to help children develop awareness and appreciation of te reo through reciprocal approach to oral language and tikanga Maori while conserving the children’s individual cultural identity
At Tipu Montessori we are committed to building an atmosphere of respect for one another, respect for the environment and a passion for learning.
We provide a thoughtfully planned programme and stimulating environment that encourage children to develop habits, skills, and attitudes essential to become lifelong learners and effective communicators.
We aim to develop in children:
- Initiative and persistence
- A high self esteem
- Inner discipline and a sense of order
- Abiding curiosity
- Positive attitude towards self, others and learning
LIFE SKILLS GAINED THROUGH MONTESSORI EDUCATION
|Integrity||Respect, responsibility and reverence for life|
|Imagination||Freedom to express ideas, solve problems & resolve conflicts|
|Interpersonal Skills||Communication, friendships & teamwork|
|Individuality||Discover & develop one’s own unique abilities and reach one’s potential|
|Independence||Develop self-confidence, self-reliance & to be self-motivated|
|Intellectual||Readiness for school, life and to become a critical thinker|
|Involvement||Sense of community|
|Group Instruction||Individual interaction|
|Adult determines time to grasp concepts||Communication, friendships & teamwork|
|Paper & pencil learning||Sensorial learning|
|Concepts verbalised||Concepts materialized|
|Learn to achieve the ‘right' answer||Learn for knowledge|
|Concentration interrupted||Concentration developed|
|Product orientated testing||Process orientated understanding|
|Learn how to be tested||Learn to assess own learning|